Click for an aerial view image showing the location of: the hotels in Cayo Guillermo and the hotels in Cayo Coco
Click for an aerial view image showing the location of: Cayo Guillermo and in the other tourist facilities and services in Cayo Coco
All hotels in Cayo Guillermo are located along the northern coast of the key. They are divided into 3 sectors:
Sector Playa El Paso:
- Islazul Villa Gregorio (next to the Marina, about 200 meters from the south-east and of Playa el Paso)
- Sercotel Cayo Guillermo (+ Eden Viaggi section)
- Iberostar Daiquiri
- Melia Cayo Guillermo
- Sol Cayo Guillermo
Sector Punta Rasa (a wide point between Playa El Paso and Playa del Medio):
- Grand Muthu Hotel Cayo Guillermo (close to Playa El Paso)
- Catalonia Cayo Guillermo (close to Playa Del Medio Paso)
Sector Playa Pilar:
- Iberostar Playa Pilar
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Cayo Guillermo
Every hotel on Cayo Guillermo is resort-style and All-Inclusive (meals, snacks, drinks, daily activities, evening entertainment, non-motorized water sports), except for the small and modest hotel Islazul Villa Gregorio which is breakfast-only. All properties (buildings, infrastructures and services) belong to government-owned hotels group: Grupo Gaviota, Gran Caribe, Cubanacan, and Islazul. However, for most hotels on Cayo Guillermo, management contracts are awarded to international hotel chains, such as: Melia Hotels International (Spain), Iberostar Hotels & resorts (Spain), Sercotel Hotels (Spain), MGM Muthu Hotels (India), Catalonia Hotels & Resorts (Spain), Centara Hotels & Resorts (Thailand).
Click to view a chart showing the number of rooms per hotel.
The size of the hotels varies greatly, from 16 rooms up to 500 rooms. Their star rating ranges from 2* to 5*.
Tourism development in the Jardines del Rey archipelago started with the construction of the 27-km causeway to connect Cayo Coco with the main island of Cuba, it was inaugurated in 1988. The first hotels to open were: the Club Villa Cojimar (currently named Sercotel Club Cayo Guillermo) on Cayo Guillermo in 1992, and then the Guitard Hotel on Cayo Coco (currently named Hotel Colonial Cayo Coco) in 1993. Since then many other hotels were built as well as several tourist services: marinas, dive centers, delphinarium, commercial centers, entertainment facilities, etc.
Current constructions and developments in the Jardines del Rey
Hotels under constuction in Cayo Guillermo
• Grand Muthu Hotel Cayo Guillermo (500 rooms), 2017-2018
• Catalonia Cayo Guillermo (500 rooms), 2017-2018
• Centara Grand Beach Resort Cayo Guillermo (245 rooms), 2017-2018
• Hotel Punta Playuelas (temporary name) (158 rooms)
Hotel projects for Cayo Paredon
• Hotel Roca Este I (600 rooms), 2018-2020
• Hotel Roca Este II (584 rooms), 2017-2018
• Hotel Roca Norte I (700 rooms), 2018-2020
• Hotel Roca Norte II (600 rooms), 2018-2020
• Hotel Roca Centro III (600 rooms), 2018-2020
Hotels under constuction in Cayo Coco
• No new hotel currently under construction
Hotel projects for Cayo Cruz
• Hotel Quebrada 17 (550 rooms), 2017-2018
• Hotel Quebrada 21 (700 rooms), 2018-2020
• Hotel Punta Cocina Parcela 32 (895 rooms), 2018-2020
• Hotel Quebrada 24 (680 rooms), 2018-2020
• Hotel Punta Cocina Parcela 30 (1,145 rooms), 2018-2020
• Hotel ? (name still unknown for the 6th projet)
The Jardines del Rey beach-resort is currently the most active area in Cuba for tourism development. The archipelago should reach a capacity of about 32,000 rooms distributed in the following islands (from west to east): Cayo Las Brujas, Cayo Ensenachos, Cayo Santa Maria, Cayo Guillermo, Cayo Coco, Cayo Paredon Grande and Cayo Cruz.
Visit our Latest News section to stay up-to-date on hotel openings, changes in names and management, and new tourist facilities.
Lily & Normand